Rick, tell Sara to clean this shower!



I took a shower this morning in my own house and noticed that housekeeping needed to come quick and clean it! And I want room service to bring me some coffee...and a poppy seed pastry, too. As you can see, we are back from the cruise. The good news is that I was able to exercise a lot, the bad news is that was offset by all of the feasting we did! I can't thank Dad and Gail enough for this trip of a life time! I know you guys cruise all the time, but this was truly an event for us. These are memories that I will always take with me and I know if things get stressful at school, I will just think of steel drums and soft breezes.
We first landed in Key West, FL. I have always wanted to go there, but never made it and it was so beautiful! Duval Street was everything I imagined. We took a tram tour through the streets and learned a lot of history of the island. We even saw the "little White House" where Bill and Hilary have stayed. We then went to Grand Cayman and took a fantastic tour of the island. I actually visited hell. Yes, HELL. It's an unusual rock formation on the island that looks rather dastardly, but has a beauty all its own.
The next port of call was Cozumel. Dad booked us on a tour of Tulum, which are Mayan ruins south of Playa del Carmen. A ferry brought us across the sound to Playa del Carmen from Cozumel. Then we took a bus ride down to Tulum. It was so phenomenal. I had no idea that there was much left of the Mayans, but it was certainly beautiful.
The last port of call was Disney's private island of Castaway Cay. Rick, Dad, and Gail started the day with a 5k run. I didn't sign up for it, but I walked behind then getting pictures. I ended up walking the entire 3 miles... and much more through out the island. I am the strictest proponent of applying sunscreen but I got burned. The day was overcast and i was not diligent in spraying on the sunblock, so I am burned.
Ah...but now we are home and back to the routine. It is a little bit of a let down, but Keiko, Thursday, and LeeLoo are overjoyed that we are home. Dusting, vacuuming, scrubbing, and scooping are the order of the day. Along with abundant loads of laundry to be done. But it was a vacation I will never forget.
Hope you are all well,
mommy

0 comments: