Repressing the Daylight

-Today we turn back our clocks an hour for Standard Time. Yes, we get an extra hour of sleep, but it's 6:00 P.M. and pitch dark outside. When I am able to get back on the bike, it will have to be right after school.
-In keeping with this darkness, I have had a rather heartbreaking month, of sorts. My mom, who had a stroke in September, is in a rehab/nursing home to recover. She is slowly making progress, but her mind still fights for moments of lucidity. As of today, she does not remember the stroke and thinks that I concocted a scheme to have her put in a nursing home and taken away from my sister. This is so horrific for me, because no matter what I say, she believes what she thinks is the truth.
-So for my children, I am feeling so far away from all of you. I know you are strong, independent, and wonderful and I am proud of you all. However, as life marches inexorably onward, I hope you remember one thing from me: I love you all so much. I hope this video always reminds you of how much you all mean to me.
love mom

0 comments: