Hospice


Just some background for those of you who do not know...the day after Christmas, my mother was taken to the hospital because her temperature was 95 degrees. The doctor contacted me the next day to tell me that she was experiencing kidney failure due to her diabetes and fragile health. When the doc called, I was in Jackson, Tennessee on my way back to Oklahoma from Beth's house in North Carolina. I flew up to Buffalo, N. Y. from Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon and Beth took a flight out of Raleigh. We met in Buffalo. My favorite brother-in-law, Tom, was at the airport with a rental car for us. It was nice to see a friendly face after so much stress and hurry. Beth and I drove to Rochester last night and are now at my mom's room in hospice. This unit of the hospital is brand new and located right next to the pediatric intensive care unit. The horse in the picture is right off the elevator. She is not doing well, but she is at peace. No pain, no discomfort, but she has been sleeping much. This has been so unexpected and quick. Send good thoughts.
love,
mommy

0 comments: