Chicago Style






Just returned home from beautiful Chicago! Katie moved from her previous apartment to a new one closer to the President's house in Hyde Park. The first picture is taken from the balcony of the new apartment and shows part of the blockades on the street. Her new place is two blocks from the Obama's and since he was in town this weekend, security was tight. We had to show the lease and our I.D.'s to the police in order to get her moved in! The great thing is that at least her new place is much more secure and safe than the old one. Nothing like secret service on the block to make one sleep comfy at night!
The middle pic is the girls at the Lincoln Park Zoo. Katie is in the center, with Sara on the left, and Hayley on the right. The day we went to the zoo was perfect weather and I had a blast. The last pic is the skyline as we were leaving the zoo.
All of Katie's new roomies are her friends from the Math and Science academy. Hayley has been her roommate for the last year in the old apartment. I imagine they will stay in their new place until they all leave Chicago. I wish I had been a little less busy to take pictures of the new place. It is gorgeous. Just another excuse to go back up there! Now I need to let my knee heal from climbing up 3 flights of stairs with heavy boxes. Just like at OSSM, she is on the 3rd floor again!

0 comments: