Surrounded by Frank!






Rick and I spent the weekend in Wichita. First, we visited my new apartment! It is wonderful, small, cozy and completely charming. I feel like a princess planning and decorating it. We picked out the bedroom suite and it will be delivered on Saturday. Rick suggested a lovely dark pecan wood bookcase bed. I have always had a bookcase bed and he thought this would be a good way to have something familiar in the new residence. I also purchased a lingerie chest. It has 5 cedar lined drawers. I have never had anything so elegant and lovely!
We visited my new office at the university. The Corbin Center was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. It was the last building that he ever designed. In fact, he did not live to see it completed. It is so magnificent! Two walls of my office are entirely glass windows. There is an island in the middle of the two building complex and in the water were a mommy, daddy, and four baby ducks.
We then found the Baum House which is pictured above. It was designed by F.L also. The picture do not do it justice. It was grand. I am going to love living in Wichita...just wish it wasn't so hot as we were going to play golf but the temps were in the 100's.
Hope you are all well.

0 comments: