Tangents

-I just got word from my professor that our symposium conference proposal has been accepted for the ACTER conference in Charlotte, N.C for Dec. 4-6th! I would like to fly into RDU on the 3rd and spend time with my favorite oldest daughter and see her lovely new home!

-I am also thinking about AESA in Savannah for October 29-31st. Mike and Beth, if you would like to join me for a few days in Savannah, then I will get a room with two beds. I think it is at the Hilton.

-I also have the SOPHE conference in San Antonio at the end of September, but I don't think I can afford it. This is going to be a busy fall! I talked to the new principal at the high school yesterday. She is the former counsellor from the middle school where I worked and it was great seeing her again. I hope the students don't eat her alive!

Things are going well here. Amber should be graduating in a few weeks. It is hot here, but July in Oklahoma...oh well.

-Oh Beth, I made a recipe from the shelter's cookbook and it was fantastic! Katie wanted to know why they put pictures of dogs and cats through the book...she thought they were pictures of the main course!

0 comments: