Flogging Tuesday




We got home about 11:00 P.M. last night as the plane from Dallas to OKC was delayed. All in all, I had a fabulous time! New Orleans is really great, but you have to be careful. Yes, I got to see Mario, but I also had a lady accuse me of shoplifting a shot glass and she made me empty my purse! Rick had been out taking pictures with my camera and he came into the store and gave me the camera back. I opened my purse to put the camera away and she thought I pocketed the shot glass! Rick said I should have walked out, but then she would have called security on me.

The other bad thing that happened, was we were walking about 6 blocks away from the French Quarter because we wanted to see Louis Armstrong Park. It was pretty desolate and no one was on the streets. There were locks on the doors and burglery bars every where. This guy passed us and said, "You guys aren't from around here, you really need to get out of this neighborhood because it isn't safe here". We turned down the street to go back and walked in front of the park and there were all these homeless people and druggies. It was really scarey!

The food was great, the good parts of the city were wonderful and I had a fantastic time. But of course, I missed my Keiko. We did get to the Aquarium. Beth- you didn't tell me they had penquins there!!!

We also got in a ton of walking. I didn't bring my Nike + so Mini me is getting bored because SHE hasn't been out walking, but I sure have.


Love,


mommy

0 comments: