Friday, not the 13th


Dezi came through "The Operation" very well and is back home with his brother and A.J. the weather for this Spring Break has been quite lovely. I have been able to ride the road bike a lot. I am getting up to 10 mile a trip. My goal is to be able to ride the bike to school. The only problem I have with that is adequate shower facilities to pretty up.
Katie is coming home tomorrow for her week of rest. She has done very well this quarter at university. I have the first draft of my dissertation almost finished! I am hoping to wrap it up tonight and get it to my chair by tomorrow. I am supposed to defend to my committee on April 16th, but am not sure if I will make all of the deadlines to graduate in may. We may be looking at a Christmas graduation :) That is fine because i have not had a zillion offers for my services as a doc, so I can wait and buff up my vita.
Beth, I hope you got the package of things I bought you in New Orleans. The mask is so beautiful! I though it would like nice on a Barbie wall. Mike can grill you some goodies wearing his N.O. apron. I will be sending some Cafe DuMonde coffee and Beginet mix in a few weeks. We are gong to order it off the Internet because we didn't have room for too much in our carry on luggage. We definitely need to do a mommy-daughter trip to the Big Easy soon. (Maybe the summer???)
Hope you are all well, love,
mommy

0 comments: