Home from the Panhandle!

















We are home after a magnificent weekend get-away! As you can see from the eclectic assortment of pictures, we did everything from feast on decadent Italian cuisine, to miles of mountain biking through the canyon, to a hockey game in downtown Amarillo. To my soul sister across the Atlantic, I have been reading much of Cather. It seemed appropriate as we were going through the plains, although this was Texas and not Nebraska! I especially enjoy "The Song of the Lark".
I really needed the solace and peace that we found in the canyons. On Saturday, we did a bike trail called, The Lighthouse Loop". Yes, Katie, there is a lighthouse! But it is a beautiful rock formation. Then on Sunday we did 10 miles down to the canyon bottom between the canyon bottom and the river. My knee doesn't even hurt that much. The biggest problem was the lack of adequate internet at the hotel where we stayed in Amarillo. I guess we need to get one of those air cards, or a Blackberry.
Hope you are all well,
mommy




0 comments: