Great Sunday


Rick came up to Wichita last night and we spent the day together. We began with a terrific breakfast at Jimmy's Eggs. I had sweet potato pancakes. It tasted just like pumpkin pie! Then we took the bikes out to the zoo and rode around the park bike paths and did a little geocaching. As Rick was looking around for a cache outside of the picnic area, I heard a bagpiper playing "Highland Cathedral". It's one of my favorite songs, so I thought maybe one of the families in the area was playing a radio loudly. I started riding along the path a saw a man with a snow white beard practicing the bagpipes by the creek. It was a surreal, amazing experience. We rode about 12 miles until it started to get hot. After a shower and clean clothes, my sweetie took me to Olive Garden. He had to leave at 7:00 P.M. in order to get home and get to work tomorrow, but it was so nice to see him, even if the time was so short. Not living together makes you much more appreciative of the time you are able to capture.

0 comments: