Just a drop of water in an endless sea




I know the picture isn't the best, but this if from the concert, Kansas with the Wichita State University Symphony! It was so amazing! The acoustics in the arena were fabulous and the band playing with a full orchestra is a glorious experience.
-The picture on the far left is Rick on the Riverwalk in downtown Wichita. Last time I was on the trail it was such a lovely experience. Yesterday, while the day was sunny and cool under almost every bridge along the way were gangs of homeless people who had set up camps.
Of course, Wichita, like any other big city, has a homeless population, but to see makeshifts camps of poor, destitute, people in such large numbers was disconcerting and heartbreaking.
Gail, I think you said in the the last comment about appreciating the little things in life and that is so true. However, I also appreciate the big things. I ponder if both Rick and I lost our jobs, how soon it would be before we were on the streets. And the answer I come up with is...Never. We have terrific children who would take us in and parents who would help. We are very, very fortunate and I am ever so appreciative of the family and love that surrounds us.

0 comments: