Goofus and Lilacs



After a very stressful week, I decided on Friday afternoon to go home! It was not expected, but I just missed my home and my honey so I packed up everything, filled the cats food and water and headed south to Oklahoma. Rick was surprised to find me home when he returned from his Friday night foosball thing!
We had a wonderful time! It was just what I needed. Lots of relaxing, eating, and generally, being slothful. I even managed to get a little bit of work done on a paper I am presenting at the end of October.
We had dinner with A.J. last night and then went to his apartment to check on my grand-kittens. While I was there, Maynard jumped on the exercise bike and assumed his regular pose! He is actually comfortable sitting like this. What a goofy cat!
Then when we got home, I noticed that one of the new lilac trees that I planted in April was in bloom! i have never seen a lilac blossom in the Fall! I know Rick has been watering them and I think he put horse steroids in the roots, because they are beautiful. I planted two new trees and the older one that has been there for a decade were all in bloom. What a great gift!
Hope you are all well,
mommy

0 comments: