Romance on a Birthday!

As I woke up this morning, the first thought I had was, "I need to call Mom because it's my birthday!" She always remembered my birthday but this is the first year she is gone and then the memory of her absence hurt so deeply. I wasn't prepared to miss her so much today.

Yesterday, my department head asked me to come to work today at noon for a meeting about this huge re-write we are doing on assessment protocols. Yeah... nothing could be more fun than that for a birthday gift, right? Well, maybe dental work would be equal, but at least they would give you drugs!

So at noon, she came to my door and said we had to go to the main office first. Okay...sure...whatever...But when I opened the door to the office, a whole gang of people were there singing "Happy Birthday" to me! There was a gorgeous cake and Linda told me there wasn't any meeting, instead it was a ruse set up by my husband...MY HUSBAND! He even ordered a dark chocolate birthday cake to be delivered to the school and e-mailed every one with the plans for the event! My husband??? This is quite an unexpected romantic and sweet gesture for him, but I won't question. Just enjoyed the cake! I didn't even wait to take a picture of the cake so I took a picture of the card Gail sent to me instead. I hope you all had a lovely day!

0 comments: