Boredom

Katie told me she was bored and I guess I am too. I have a "to-do" list and the hightlight includes scooping the kitty litter. The good thing is that I am finally able to relax and let go of a lot of stress from school. After such pressure and frustration, it's hard to adjust to getting my life back to normal. This year has to better than last. I am still working on my review of literature for the dissertation.

Amber posted a comment on a previous post of mine and I went to her site. You might want to read it. Especially you Katie.

http://www.blogger.com/profile/14318340302117082133

I think you can find it here. I am still learning this website. Go all the way down to the blog that says "Sayman says"

-Beth...what about the cat????

-I found a really cool stress reducing excercise that was written on the back of an Ambien CR advertisement. I wrote it from some conference or other, but I can't remember. I think it's a good thing to remember.

It's called the 3 minute warning:

When you feel stressed or frustrated, take 3 minutes;
Sit down, breathe slowly, and ask yourself, "What is really going on? What do I need right now, and whom do I need it from? What is the kindest thing I could do for myself right now?"

Unfortunately, I suspect that the answer to the last question will always be a hot fudge sundae, but nonetheless, it seems like a good exercise.

0 comments: